Saturday, October 3, 2009

Beautiful Architecture Chapter 11: GNU Emacs

I think that a system like Emacs could be created in a closed-source system give the right integration points.

I don’t think Firefox will replace Emacs. It seems like an unnatural hack to develop Lips or C++ programs in Firefox. Sure it could be done, but that doesn’t mean that it should be done.

This chapter sucked. Thankfully it was shorter than the last few boring chapters & the other reading for the day was quite interesting. If I had to come up with something that was maybe useful it would be that simplicity and openness can be a plus for certain types of apps. The only thing that I found noteworthy in the whole chapter was how terrible LISP looks. After listening to the class discussion, I still wasn’t able to get anything useful from other people’s experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment